ECONorthwest has completed a range of projects in workforce development, from resource mapping and opportunity analyses, to program evaluation at both the local and state levels, including analysis completed under a federal workforce demonstration grant. Methods used include a range of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods, including economic forecasting and estimation of program effects using individual-level academic and employment data.
- Workforce development resource mapping for the Portland metropolitan area and, for the State of Oregon, for all workforce regions in the state
- Analysis of the demographic and socioeconomic characteristics of “Opportunity Youth” in the Portland metropolitan region
- Economic impact analysis of American Reinvestment and Recovery Act grants in Oregon
- Manufacturing workforce audit for the 7-county Oregon WIRED region, funded through a federal WIRED grant
- Program evaluations of Oregon’s Employer Workforce Training Fund and Worksystems, Inc.’s SummerWorks summer youth employment programClients: Various, including Worksystems, Inc.